Sunday, December 7, 2008

"And the Stockings were hung by the Chimney with care..."






And then Momma barricaded the stocking so her 3 little monkeys could not destroy them.

I have finally decorated the house for the holidays. As you can see by the pictures I have to block EVERYTHING off to keep them out.


The main culprit is D. She can get into everything.
D has figured how to get in and out of her baby bed. When she wants to, she can climb over the security gate. The other day I looked over and D was on top of the dinning room table just about to stand up. That girl is going to be the death of me. I don't know what to do to keep her from climbing and getting into everything. My Mom keeps the babies for me during the day and she has a baby fence that goes around 3/4ths of her living room and this is to keep D out of everything. Really the fence doesn't stop her they just slow her down. Beside the little toot getting into everything she is talking up a storm. Her favorite words right now are Santa, Clock, Pretty, Up, and What's that. Her favorite sentence is "No, no hot". Which she uses on her bothers to get them to not touch her toys. She is too smart for her own good.
L is doing really good he doesn't say as much as his sister but now when he sees Santa he says He, He, He; which is suppose to be Ho, Ho, Ho. He is a little confused but it is really cute. At this time L may be on Santa's naughty list due to his need to bit his brother and sister. I have tried about everything to get him to stop but nothing seems to work. I hope this is just a stage he is going through but only time will tell.
Big boy C is also doing really well. C has profound hearing loss and in testing we found that he can only hear low loud tones, so in day to day life he can't hear anything. He will be having his Cochlear implant surgery next month. I am not sure of the exact day yet but we go to the Dr on the 16th of Dec to schedule everything. We have high hopes that this surgery will help him hear. To what amount he will hear, I am unsure but the Dr's have high hopes that he should hear at about 80%. He is doing great in his development. He has learned that if we aren't looking at him he need to vocally make a noise to get our attention. He has also learned a few signs. He signs ball, more, cracker, bye bye, hi, and come here. I love seeing him sign, it like hearing him say his first word. L and D are also learning signs but since they can hear, they have picked up the signs a little faster.
The babies are now 17 months old and I don't know were time has flown. L and C are cutting 4 new teeth, two on top and two on bottom. That puts their total up to 16 teeth. D is bringing up the rear with 8 teeth but she is in the process of cutting her jaw teeth so that brings her total to 12.
Well my Husband has taken the boys for the day to watch football at a friend’s house so D and I are off to go Christmas shopping. I am running out of time Eeeeekkkkk.


Have a great weekend!!

Much Love
Tanna


3 comments:

Nicole O'Dell said...

How cute! I laugh now...but see me next year when mine are mobile...I won't be laughing then. lol

MDtripmom said...

I got a good laugh looking at your barricades! I guess I know what I'm in for next Christmas.

Anonymous said...

I remember having to block everything off...crazy days! :)